Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I'm stoked about today.

All in all it was a pretty legit day. 7.5 outta 10. Aside from the never-ending distraction I call "work", these things got me jazzed today:

-BREAKFAST. kick ass burrito to start the day off right. it was perfectly lukewarm.

-PARKING. got a spot today, no hassle.

-STOLEN MUSIC. just loaded the ipizzle with 9 new albums. new jams are good. sorry your band can't afford to eat, i'll try to catch your show when you come around.

-BUYIN' ONE, GETTIN' ONE. met a good friend of mine for pizza lunch, BOGO style.

-HEAT SACKS. someone gave me some of those HotHand little sack things that warm up when you smack em around a bit. see, i sit by this large window that makes my workspace a fuckin' arctic hell zone, and my hands are freakishly frigid all day long no matter how hard i type on my keyboard or slap high fives with other twenty-somethings around the office. warm hands = best present. ever (today).

-RANDOM SONG HEARD AT WORK. hell yes I'm a wisconsinite, and hell yes I get pumped when someone at work decides to crank Todd Rundgren's "I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on the drum all day!!", the same song that echoes throughout lambeau field when the packers score a TD.

-DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING. seeing co-workers jammin' hard at their desk with headphones on, unaware that i'm observing their furious foot-tapping, head-bobbing, and air-drumming-with-pen skillz. puts a big grin on my face.

-SHOWS/DRINKS. Lawrence arms playin the triple rock tomorrow/heavy boozing. what a great thursday it is, when you just know that your friday is gonna rock so much harder.

2 comments:

Cody Girl said...

'Someone' :(

But I will take the best present ever award!

I wish I had fifty more pizzas.

Dus said...

yeah, i didn't wanna reveal your true identity, since you know, you're like a SUPERHERO to me!